Here are my fancy new slippers that I made from the book "Sew Pretty Homestyle". My husband just laughed when he saw them...a little too maharajah for him I guess. They are very ladylike compared to my usual slippers--LL Bean style, but I still like them. I used a non-fusible interfacing which I had on hand, but that made it a bit harder to get the sole to not pucker up. I added about a 1/2 inch all around the pattern because it looked too small when I put my foot on the sole pattern piece. I would put about a 3/4 inch margin around the pattern next time. The slippers fit fine but I didn't allow myself very much of a seam allowance and this led to some problems which I had to go back and hand-sew. I didn't see any mention of whether the patterns in the book had seam allowances built into the pattern pieces or not---I would guess probably not.