Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Markets

A little flaxen-haired girl with her gingerbread. I love the edging at the bottom of her yellow apron. She is made by Werkstaetten Flade of Germany and figurines from this company can be found at The Wooden Wagon. She reminds me of the Christmas Markets in lots of German towns that are in full swing right about now.
The gingerbread hearts hanging in this booth parents would purchase for their children who would wear it hanging around their neck. On the heart in icing, the words "Ich Liebe Dich" (I Love You) :-)
I loved living in Germany. Our house was near a wooded park with lots of paths that had a little nature park in the center where we would visit the stern owls, grubby boars, and even a few grazing buffalo. Sundays were family days, stores were closed and lots of families take walks together or visit each other's homes. I still sometimes forget that stores are open here in the states on Sunday. :-)

No comments: