Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Smaller and Smaller


Well, my last quilt was pretty small, it's dimensions, roughly 17 x 20 inches, with blocks 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 and 1 3/4 x 4 1/2. This time I went even smaller and I love this size. It is a bitty doll quilt, only 12 x 14 inches, with all blocks 2 inches square. I told you I had been fooling around with the Hello Betty collection by Moda from last summer or thereabouts. As soon as my sewing machine came back one of the things I whipped up was this small project. I wanted something portable and it was elegantly so. I stuffed it into my purse with a bit of thread and needle and off I went. One good tip I read somewhere was to use the small cutter on a box of dental floss instead of scissors when those aren't allowed. We just got back from a trip and the dental floss thing worked great! I reverted to scissors when I could but the floss was a real saver.

1 comment:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Cute quilt!!! Love that collection! The floss cutter is a great idea!