Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Jammy Jars

I love red & white string and
I love the red gingham jar lids of Bonne Maman jam. 
I drilled a hole in the top of the lid and waa-laa I have a string dispenser.
Be careful drilling the hole because the drill can skip over the smooth surface.
I ended up with an off-center hole and had to even it up with tin snips. (not very easy or smooth)
I colored around the hole with a silver marker to cover-up the scratching I ended up with.
I made a second string dispenser for my sister
 which because of my practice with the first one was much easier and not as messy. :-)

1 comment:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great idea, love those jelly jars too! That vintage piece in your previous post is too cute and what workmanship (workwomanship?)!! I always marvel at work like that!
Have a wonderful day!
Hugs, Mickie