Monday, November 26, 2007

Folk art for Christmas

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving weekend! Mine was super, lots of family, lots of laughs and hugs, just what I needed, not to mention the food--thank you Mom, Dad and all. :-)
I have been wanting to post about the December Country Home for a week or so but waited until after Thanksgiving. I do love the cover with its soft green, faded reds and the stripy "fabric" along the binding. In the middle and back of the magazine I am attracted by the cloth ornaments but especially the felt work on the star in this picture and the felt decorated stocking below that is in the food section. I looked up the source here and spotted this little embroidered box at the same site.
Looks like the Christmas ornaments from Martha Stewart Everyday. The appliqued stocking is called a Siofok stocking from Hungary........hmmmmm I googled about Hungarian folk art and my next post is about what I found.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to find this post! Those stockings are GORGEOUS! I am totally inspired by them and I think I might try and make some felt stockings for my family this year -though mine might not be as stunning as those. Thanks for sharing! I'm off to peek aroundyour blog and see what other neat things you have. You have some great stuff from what I see so far. Nice blog! :-) -Jeannette