Friday, August 3, 2007

Bbbbbbbb

B is for:

Bumble--cause Bumbles bounce! I was terrified of this "Abominable Monster" in the classic "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer". I would watch it on TV--the one time it came on per year back in the 60's and tremble at the appearance of this menacing monster. Yikes! He's still scarey.

Bumble Bee--"Found me a baby bumble bee, won't my mommy be so proud of me" I don't like bees so much. They do bother you even if you leave them alone. But, I love honey---so there you go.



Books--I could live in a library or bookstore and be perfectly happy all the rest of my days. I love non-fiction books, mysteries and kids books. One of my all time favorites is Heidi. I remember the wonder of her putting on all of her clothes to climb up the mountain and shedding each layer as she climbed higher. Having milk-goat's milk from a bowl, cheese and bread for a meal seemed strange, yet yummy and my sympathy for the loneliness of living in the big city and missing her mountain. We had a copy of Heidi adapted by Florence Hayes and illustrated by Erika Weihs and the pictures are just magical. The adaptation-originally pub. in 1946, in our case was part of the Dandelion Library that had one children's book back-to-back from another--upside down from each other.

Babies--Oooouu...the snuggly warm smell of my babies. Nothing like it in the world--I wish I hadn't been so darn tired tho.

Bubbles--in my tum....very uncomfortable...making me quit drinking carbonated beverages, again. I love Coca-Cola.....but I can't take the bubbles anymore.
"Bub-bub-bub-bub....."--a favorite movie line from "Overboard". Goldie Hawn's character, "Annie", is overwhelmed with the household chores and is reduced to a mumble. I know this feeling........

No comments: